Gimpo Foreign Resident Support Center
A Welcoming and Warm World Together with Immigrants
- Address52, Hwanggeum-ro110beon-gil, Yangchon-eup, Gimpo-si, Gyeonggi-do
What is the goal of center?
Foreign residents in Gimpo can get customized and practical services at the Gimpo Foreign Resident Support Center. The center aims to form a multicultural society as a “hub in Asia,” where foreign residents exchange cultures, get connected with the local community, and establish a place of harmony and co-existence
What does the center do?
- cultural exchange
- community support for each country
Who are eligible to receive these services?
All immigrants (including immigrant workers and businesspersons, marriage immigrants, refugees, etc.) who are in need of the services
When can I get the services?
- Hours of operation : Tuesday to Sunday (9 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
- Closed on : Mondays and holidays
※ The schedule is flexible depending on the area and facilities.
What are the major services?
- Counseling : Counseling services for foreign workers regarding : labor issues, family problems, and other difficulties
Scope : Labor, family issues, legal matters, and others
- Interpretation : Interpretation services for foreign residents who are facing language and cultural barriers in Korea.
Countries : Vietnam, Mongolia, China, Thailand, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Indonesia, Pakistan, Nepal, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan
- Education : Various educational programs, including Korean language school
Courses : Korean language, computer, education for immigrated teenagers of multicultural families, bilingual classes for multicultural families, etc
- Cultural exchange : Various programs for cultural exchanges between Korean and foreign residents
Programs : Multicultural experiences, improving multicultural perception, and multicultural festivals
- Community support for each country : Foreign residents living in the Gimpo area form gatherings on their own to share and enjoy their cultures and encourage each other to be more active to blend in the local community
Programs : Refugee support project, multicultural forums, and multicultural festivals
Welfare : Free medical check-ups and support for club activities for foreign workers stuck in medical blind spots due to language and access barriers
※ Free medical check-ups : Free medical treatment and medicine, including dental care and ECG (electrocardiogram) every week
- Hours of operation : 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., every Sunday
- Venue : 1st floor, Gimpo Foreign Resident Support Center