What is the goal of the center?
Gimpo-si(county) Immigrant Support Center aims to create a warm and cooperative local community together with immigrant workers and help them become independent, having a good memory to share from their time in Korea when they return to their homeland.
What does the center do?
We provide comprehensive services to immigrants (immigrant workers).
- Human rights
- Women's labor
- Immigrant worker policy
- After-school program on Saturdays for children from immigrant families
- Immigrant Workers' Shelter
- Cultural Exchange
Who would be able to receive these services?
All immigrants (including immigrant workers) who are in need of the services
When can I get the services?
Six days a week (closed on Mondays) : 10AM - 6PM
The schedule is flexible depending on the area and facilities (Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays)
What benefits can I get?
Major programs / type of service
- Korean class for immigrants
- IT class for immigrants
- Class to help launch
a photo studio business
- After-school program on Saturdays
for children from immigrant families
- Business support through
translation and interpretation
- Medical and
beauty salon services
- Counseling on occupational accidents,
human rights and other issues
- Class to help launch a skin and
foot massage business
- Learning guidance group for children
from immigrant families
- Volunteer activities by immigrants
(immigrant workers) for the local society